Oil rig workers are among the most important workers in our society. They help produce the oil that powers the world and are exposed to high-risk work environments. In many instances, oil rig workers are injured in workplace accidents that can be devastating, life-altering, or even fatal. The expenses associated with an oil rig worker’s injury can be overwhelming, with medical bills, lost wages, and rehabilitation costs piling up. In such cases, an oil rig injury attorney can be highly beneficial to the victim.
What is an oil rig injury attorney?
If you or someone you know has been injured while working on an oil rig, it’s essential to hire an oil rig injury attorney. This attorney specializes in handling oil rig injury cases, which include accidents, illness, or injuries that occur on offshore rigs or other oil-related facilities. An experienced attorney will understand the unique risks associated with oil rig work and can help injured oil rig workers receive the compensation they deserve.
Why hire an oil rig injury attorney?
Hiring an oil rig injury attorney is essential for several reasons. These include:
1. Knowledge of the law – Oil rig injury attorneys are knowledgeable about the laws and regulations that apply to oil rig accidents. They can help you navigate this complex field with ease.
2. Experience with insurance companies – Insurance companies are notorious for denying claims or offering low settlement amounts. An attorney specializing in oil rig injuries will have experience dealing with these companies and negotiating better settlements.
3. Investigation – A good oil rig injury attorney will conduct a thorough investigation to identify the cause of your injury. This investigation will aim to determine if it was caused by negligence, defective equipment, or a lack of safety procedures.
4. Timeliness – Offshore accidents require timely action in order to preserve evidence and investigate the incident. These cases may also be subject to a shorter statute of limitations than your average work injury. An oil rig injury lawyer will act quickly to ensure your case is handled within the legal requirements.
What types of injuries can an oil rig injury attorney help you with?
An oil rig injury attorney can help you with various types of injuries, including:
1. Burns and lacerations – These injuries can occur due to explosions, fires, or faulty equipment.
2. Head injuries – TBI, concussion, skull fracture and other head injuries can all occur after a ship worker falls on the deck or gets hit by falling objects.
3. Broken bones – These injuries can occur due to slips, falls, and other accidents on the rig.
4. Back and neck injuries – Repetitive lifting and extensive labor activities can cause back and neck injuries.
5. Respiratory problems – Without proper safety equipment, rig workers may develop respiratory issues due to exposure to hazardous chemicals and gases.
What can you expect from an oil rig injury attorney?
When you hire an oil rig injury attorney, you can expect them to:
1. Investigate – An oil rig injury attorney will thoroughly investigate the accident that led to your injury. They will identify responsible parties and witnesses, collect evidence, and determine causation.
2. Communicate – Your attorney will communicate with you throughout the case’s progression. They will keep you informed regarding potential legal strategies, settlement offers, and court dates.
3. Negotiate – Your attorney will use their experience and knowledge of the law to negotiate with the insurance company and other responsible parties on your behalf. They will be working towards a better settlement or compensation.
4. Litigation – If necessary, your oil rig injury attorney will take your case to court and represent you in front of a judge or jury.
Oil rig workers face many dangerous conditions and risks while working on oil rigs. Unfortunately, when an accident happens, injury and loss may come with it. An experienced oil rig injury attorney can offer legal assistance and guidance through the aftermath of a work-related injury on an oil rig. By hiring an attorney who understands the complex regulations and laws governing such cases, victims may be able to receive fair compensation for their injuries. If you or someone you know has been injured while working on an oil rig, you must contact an oil rig injury attorney right away.